Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Re-Cap

What a fun weekend! It was productive, fun and filled with friends. I'm not sure if it gets any better than that.


Dinner and Yogurt with the Hump Day Crew
We kicked off the weekend with dinner and frozen yogurt with some of the Hump Day Crew. Many of us had to run on Saturday, so we ate at Olive Garden for dinner and Orange Leaf for dessert. Yum!

12 miles Done!
I can't believe I only have one more training run left until the Chicago Marathon. On Saturday, I ran 12 miles with many, many hills. I completed the mileage, but the hills kicked my bottom. Only one more training run of 10 miles before I'm done with my training. I'm looking forward to the race, but I'm ready to have my Friday nights back.

The Vintage Pearl
Have you been to The Vintage Pearl store at 81st and Lewis?? It's ADORABLE! I just love The Vintage Pearl and Erin's story. I didn't have time to stop and browse the shop, but I can't wait to go back.

Car Shopping
Since my lease will be up in January, we've been doing a lot of research over the past few months to find my next car. We know it has to be an SUV with towing capabilities. We were pretty certain we were going for a specific brand and model, but it looks like we're changing our minds again. We're test driving a few more cars tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what happens. The question is though....do we go with the car that we really want or do we go for the cheaper car so people won't judge us?

TU Game
On Saturday night, we went to the TU game with Eric and Jon. We had a blast! Not only did TU win (41-14), but we had tickets to my company's suite. Here are some pictures of the game.

Eric, Jon and Andrew

Andrew and I

Wood Cutting
I ran out of wood this week, so we had to cute and route wood for my signs on Sunday. I now have 51 routed pieces of wood! Yeah! I just need to fill and prime the signs now and then they'll be ready for future orders.

Purging the DVR
Andrew and I are TV fanatics, but we've been stressed lately because we haven't had time to watch TV. The Fall shows have only been on for a week and our DVRs are already getting full! So, this evening we had a review our shows and decide which ones to cut from the list. We decided it was time to say goodbye to Criminal Minds, Hell's Kitchen and Bones. We still have though NCIS, NCIS LA, House, Chuck, Fringe, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Brothers and Sisters, Cougar Town, Weeds, Rules of Engagement, Top Gear and The Big Bang Theory.

-N

No comments: