Monday, May 24, 2010

Kudos to the Advertising Agencies

With my background in marketing and advertising, I really appreciate a clever advertisement. I just love an ad that breaks through the clutter and catches my eye. Recently, I came across these ads.

As a shoe lover, I was really drawn to this one.

Source: Tulsa People

The play on words in the copy is fantastic! I normally never read the copy, but I did on this ad. The copy reads...

"On the heels of phenomenal success, we proudly invite you to the 4th Annual YWCA Wine, Women and Shoes weekend, June 11-12. This year, we're taking things to new heights with more wine and fun than ever before! And our partnership with the Tulsa Ballet promises to be flat-out fun. So, save the dates, slip on your Jimmy Choos or Manolo Blahniks, and get pumped. Reserve today! Call 587-2100."


I love how this ad puts a modern twist on a traditional product. Jewelry advertisements are known to be very boring and sometimes stuffy, but this one is fresh, modern and fun.
Source: NY Times

Also, for some additional clever advertisements, click here.

Enjoy!

No comments: